CPRS Feb. Conference: Take the Leap from Good to Great
The Canadian Public Relations Society of Ottawa/Gatineau, in collaboration with CPRS National, is proud to host a full-day conference for communications and public relations practitioners.
Friday, February 29th, 2008
7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
1170, chemin Aylmer, Gatineau, Quebec
7:30 a.m. – Registration
8:00 a.m. – Breakfast
8:30 a.m to 3:45 p.m. – Plenary sessions, breaks and lunch
4:00 p.m. – Post conference reception
We are good at what we do, but sometimes we need to hear from experts to build on the skills we already have. Take the Leap… from Good to Great will put you in contact with experts from a variety of fields and help you acquire new skills to lead your organization with excellent communications.
This mini-conference will cover the following topics:
- Becoming a trusted strategic advisor
- Crisis communications – Restoring public confidence after a crisis
- Relationships, reputations and results
- Public opinion research and how to use it (results from a major
- Canadian study on who Canadians go to for information)
- Internal communications that build employee trust, confidence and loyalty
- International branding
- And more
Learn from some of the top experts in their fields:
- Jim Lukaszewski, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder, CEO, and chairman of the Lukaszewski Group Inc.
- Edith R. Wilson, Advisor, External Relations, World Bank
- David Scholz, Vice President, Leger Marketing
- Blair Peberdy, APR, Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs, Toronto Hydro
- Dr. Terry Flynn, APR, Associate Professor and Director of the MCM Degree Program, DeGroote School of Business
- Adele Stevens, President, ASC Marketing Communications Inc.
- Elizabeth Seymour, Executive Director, Government of Canada, Communications Community Office
Take the Leap…from Good to Great, will offer you a full range of professional development sessions beyond our local society’s usual events and provide you with a chance to rub shoulders with some of Canada’s most seasoned PR veterans who are serving on the national CPRS Board of Directors.
Early bird member: $195 (book by January 4th, 2008)
Early bird non-member: $295 (book by January 4th, 2008)
Student and retired members: $100
Who should attend?
All intermediate to senior communications and public relations practitioners from government, private and non-profit sectors.
Register now at http://cprs.ca/professionaldevelopment/e_ottawareg.asp.